Saturday, December 8, 2012

SNAKES AND STONES

"Is there a man among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? “Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!" - Matthew 7:9-11

Two months ago I became a Dad.  It is amazing to experience the abundance of love you possess for a tiny blob of life that poops, sleeps and eats....and sometime smiles.  I truly love and want the best for my son, but my love is far from perfect.  I know I will falter many times but God's love never will. He wants to provide the best to a level I will never be able to reach regardless of how hard I try as a father.  

We have to remember the how good of a Dad our heavenly father is, especially when life takes its unexpected turns.  Trials and difficult circumstances can feel like obstacles, set backs or even punishments that have been set before us. How can a good God, who is all-powerful allow such things to happen?  Surely he saw it coming right?  Why didn't he stop it?  Perhaps the things in our lives that initially feel like snakes and stones are really fish and bread that God has sent to provide for his people a deeper love, devotion, trust and abiding sense of peace for his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment