Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Susie Allen - Gal 6:9

Susie Allen
"Let us not grow eary in doing good..." (Gal 6:9)

There was a lady in my youth group growing up named Susie Allen. Susie was there every Sunday and she would always have a hug waiting for you when you walked through the door. During my time around Susie, I learned a lot about being a Christian from her servant’s heart and caring spirit but by far the biggest lesson I have learned has come in the years since I’ve been away in college. Every year without fail Susie sends me a card for my birthday. There’s no money inside like you might get from your grandparent, only heart felt words like this:

“Dear Drew…Sorry you won’t be home for your birthday but know that you will be prayed for on Friday. I thank God for blessing my life knowing you.”

Her notes are never very long – it probably took her less than two minutes to write and mail the one above but she has taught me through her actions about not growing weary in doing good. There are few things more encouraging that being told that your life is special and knowing that you are being prayed for. Do you have the consistency of Susie Allen in your life as you strive to encourage others or do you grow weary over time and eventually fizzle out? Is there somebody that you cold encourage by writing a note today?

No comments:

Post a Comment