Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sound of Music

Today I was thinking about the benifits of being reminded of what's true. 1 Cor 14:26 talks about how the church is edified when each person brings something ans shares. Shares something that God has been teaching them lately, a thought maybe, a verse, or even a song. I realized that this idea is so benificial because it reminds us of truths that we so quickly forget. Even though I know Proverbs 3:5-6 and could recite it to you if you asked, a friend sharing that verse reminds me of a truths that I have likely forgetten - to trust the Lord and not myself, and to acknowledge him to direct my paths. One of the best things to do when you are asked to sahre your story of testimony (Acts 26:16-18) is to share what God has been teaching oyu lately. This might take the form of your favorite thoughts or favorite verses. This thinking about favorite things brought a song to mind that I have listened to coutless times, especailly in the backseat of my Granddad's pickup (I'm pretty sure that's the only tape he even played. )

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling bad, I simply remembey my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."

What we need to do when the world comes crashing down on us, dog bites, be stings, financial troubles, worry and all is not be anxious but remember what's true about God and remember the truths of his word.






No comments:

Post a Comment